AT PRESENT, ALL USES OF "READ MORE" ON THIS BLOG ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL, SO THE FULL POSTS ARE SHOWING FOR NOW!
Most Frequent Blogger Questions
USEFUL BEGINNER'S LIST (30 Posts)
This blog outgrew the original intended 20 Questions & Answers and is now approximately 210 Q&A. I never did figure out which were the 20 most important ones.
|I don't know more than I know--sometimes I know even less!|
All The Things I Don't Know!
If some portion of this blog is unreadable in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever, tell it to go to hell then try another browser!!!
BLOGGER PROBLEM REPORT FORM http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type=bug_with_blogger_beta&Submit=Submit
The Blogger Wishlist feature no longer exists.
Blogger hasn't said why or if it'll ever return.
|Kick-starting The Blog|
| 1. Refresh (F5) or Ctrl-F5
2. Clear cache (delete temporary Internet files) and cookies in Tools-Internet Options.
3. Add a question mark to the end of your blog's internet address in the address box and see if it will show the latest update. (Can also be done with other people's url's in the address window.)
4. Republish (if in classic Blogger)
6. Log out and log back in again (may change to an untroubled server)
7. Change or reload the browser (IE, Firefox, others)
8. Try a different computer, or see if you can duplicate the problem or avoid it in a post in another blog (make a test blog, whether in the same account or a second account, that's not public so nobody will see you screwing around!)
---Not necessary to do all of these at once!---
Blogger may make problems for some computers about accepting cookies, especially when you are using the new versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. Difficulties with accepting scripts may be caused by security systems, antivirus programs, firewalls, and some add-ons. Check all your settings.
You may need to change your browser settings, or to list www.blogger.com and blogger.com as "trusted sites" in your Internet Options-Security so that scripting can occur.
USEFUL BLOGGER HELP FILE
[For Newbies or anyone else who gets lost in the rain in Juarez.]
Saturday, July 29, 2006
USE META TAGS if interested in hurrying the process more:
Look in your template and locate the head.
within the head you should insert the two meta tags below. The indexers will read these meta tags.
<meta name="description" content="Most frequent Blogger questions answered. advice and tips. Help Group. "></meta>
<meta name="keywords" content="help answer questions Blogger help group
advice tips solutions tips"></meta>
Change all the terms in the meta tags above to ones present in YOUR blog.
Above all, get your link out there. Share it with friends. Email your url to them. When you are in your site, highlight the url in the Address box up above, right-click and copy it. Paste it into emails. Then your friends can save it to a Bookmarks or Favorites list. Also, post comments in other and similar blogs. Be friendly, chat. Pay attention to people writing good stuff, but who don't have 20 or 30 comments per day yet. You'll be more likely to swap links with people who are not yet overwhelmed and who feel friendly toward you. You yourself must write plenty of good posts!