| For the beginner:|
1. Go to your Dashboard.
2. Make sure you're logged in.
3. If not yet done, go to Edit Profile.
4. Answer most of their questions.
5. Some you just leave blank.
6. Click the name of your blog.
7. Edit Posts will come up as a list.
8. Click on the word Edit of the post to be revised.
9. Or click on New Post.
New (Layout) Blogger
1. Go to Dashboard.
2. Click on New Post.
To edit a post or draft:
1. Go to Dashboard
2. Click Manage Posts
3. Locate post/draft
4. Click Edit.
There are times when you can see the Posting tab in the upper left corner of various screens. To go quickly to an editing mode, you can
1. Click Posting.
2. Click Edit Posts.
3. You'll see the same Edit Posts or Manage Posts screen that you arrive at from the Dashboard.
If you are logged in to your blog and intend to edit a post, you will be able to see the Pencil icon. (This assumes that you have turned it on in basic Settings by answering "Yes" to "Show Quick Editing on your Blog?") Click on that Pencil below the post and you will be able to go to the Edit Post box directly from the screen. No one else can access your icon since they are not logged in to your Google/Blogger account.
AT PRESENT, ALL USES OF "READ MORE" ON THIS BLOG ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL, SO THE FULL POSTS ARE SHOWING FOR NOW!
Most Frequent Blogger Questions
USEFUL BEGINNER'S LIST (30 Posts)
This blog outgrew the original intended 20 Questions & Answers and is now approximately 210 Q&A. I never did figure out which were the 20 most important ones.
|I don't know more than I know--sometimes I know even less!|
All The Things I Don't Know!
If some portion of this blog is unreadable in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever, tell it to go to hell then try another browser!!!
BLOGGER PROBLEM REPORT FORM http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type=bug_with_blogger_beta&Submit=Submit
The Blogger Wishlist feature no longer exists.
Blogger hasn't said why or if it'll ever return.
|Kick-starting The Blog|
| 1. Refresh (F5) or Ctrl-F5
2. Clear cache (delete temporary Internet files) and cookies in Tools-Internet Options.
3. Add a question mark to the end of your blog's internet address in the address box and see if it will show the latest update. (Can also be done with other people's url's in the address window.)
4. Republish (if in classic Blogger)
6. Log out and log back in again (may change to an untroubled server)
7. Change or reload the browser (IE, Firefox, others)
8. Try a different computer, or see if you can duplicate the problem or avoid it in a post in another blog (make a test blog, whether in the same account or a second account, that's not public so nobody will see you screwing around!)
---Not necessary to do all of these at once!---
Blogger may make problems for some computers about accepting cookies, especially when you are using the new versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. Difficulties with accepting scripts may be caused by security systems, antivirus programs, firewalls, and some add-ons. Check all your settings.
You may need to change your browser settings, or to list www.blogger.com and blogger.com as "trusted sites" in your Internet Options-Security so that scripting can occur.
USEFUL BLOGGER HELP FILE
[For Newbies or anyone else who gets lost in the rain in Juarez.]