|Steps 1--10 to change a font or color in New Blogger|
|1. go to the Dashboard|
2. click on the Page Elements tab.
3. look up above and click on Fonts And Colors. You'll see a list.
4. on the left side click on which area you want to change color.
5. on the right side click the correct color for that text area.
6. on the left side you may have to scroll down for the font list.
7. then on the left click on which area you want to change text in.
8. on the right side click on the font, size, bold, italics you want.
9. in 4-7 above you can see the changes in the small view window at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it has a glitch and won't show, but you can make the changes anyway if you are confident of yourself. You will see the change (or not) when you return to View Blog. If you're not confident, try again later.
10. be sure to Save Changes before you exit.
Things you can change in the list include:
Blog Title Color
Post Title Color
Sidebar Title Color
Date Header Color
Blog Title Font
Blog Description Font
Sidebar Title Font
Date Header Font
Some detail about Text Fonts:
Text color is the first in the vertical list, but "text font" is sixth; if you click that link, a list of fonts (not previously showing) should appear in place of the color boxes out to the right. Furthest to the right are boxes to check for Smaller, Larger, Bold, and Italic. If you still aren't seeing what you expect, never underestimate the value of "clearing the cache and cookies".
Body (or background) Color
Oddly enough, to change the blog's background color requires going into the template. See if you find a section resembling this from one of my blogs:
background:oldlace; url("xxxhttp://www.blogblog.com/harbor/rocks.jpg") no-repeat right bottom;
font:x-small Georgia, Serif;
or, similarly, this is the code for this blog:
font: x-small Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Sans-serif;
It's the "body" where you want to make the change or else create the color. Find or alter the color statement--whether you use a number or name doesn't matter. If you have to add the "background: color;", just be sure it's inside the brackets like you see in the two examples above.