|AND OTHER VERY SERIOUS PEOPLE WHO TRY TO USE BLOGGER AS SOMETHING DEPENDABLE:|
|Hell, don't do it! |
There will be no guarantee that Blogger will keep the blog online and available all the time. There are glitches and gremlins and other problems that individuals may overlook (just barely), but, at any rate, they have no money at risk, just their own ego and pride.
People who have money at stake become a different kind of beast. If you plan to start insisting on the UTTER SERIOUSNESS of your blog and of your need to keep that blog up and going 24-7, you will sometimes be out of luck, just like the individuals who blog here.
People who have business blogs often cry and scream that their readers MUST have access to the blog, but Blogger is usually not going to JUMP into action. I don't even have much sympathy for you, and I know how heartless Blogger can be! Whatever their excuse for it, neither civilians nor businessmen get instant fixes. So don't hang your life and soul on Bloggerand certainly not the Bottom Line of your business that you can't live without.
In general, you get what you pay for. I've gotten more than I paid for, but I'm just one person, and I have low expectations.
AT PRESENT, ALL USES OF "READ MORE" ON THIS BLOG ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL, SO THE FULL POSTS ARE SHOWING FOR NOW!
Most Frequent Blogger Questions
USEFUL BEGINNER'S LIST (30 Posts)
This blog outgrew the original intended 20 Questions & Answers and is now approximately 210 Q&A. I never did figure out which were the 20 most important ones.
|I don't know more than I know--sometimes I know even less!|
All The Things I Don't Know!
If some portion of this blog is unreadable in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever, tell it to go to hell then try another browser!!!
BLOGGER PROBLEM REPORT FORM http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type=bug_with_blogger_beta&Submit=Submit
The Blogger Wishlist feature no longer exists.
Blogger hasn't said why or if it'll ever return.
|Kick-starting The Blog|
| 1. Refresh (F5) or Ctrl-F5
2. Clear cache (delete temporary Internet files) and cookies in Tools-Internet Options.
3. Add a question mark to the end of your blog's internet address in the address box and see if it will show the latest update. (Can also be done with other people's url's in the address window.)
4. Republish (if in classic Blogger)
6. Log out and log back in again (may change to an untroubled server)
7. Change or reload the browser (IE, Firefox, others)
8. Try a different computer, or see if you can duplicate the problem or avoid it in a post in another blog (make a test blog, whether in the same account or a second account, that's not public so nobody will see you screwing around!)
---Not necessary to do all of these at once!---
Blogger may make problems for some computers about accepting cookies, especially when you are using the new versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. Difficulties with accepting scripts may be caused by security systems, antivirus programs, firewalls, and some add-ons. Check all your settings.
You may need to change your browser settings, or to list www.blogger.com and blogger.com as "trusted sites" in your Internet Options-Security so that scripting can occur.
USEFUL BLOGGER HELP FILE
[For Newbies or anyone else who gets lost in the rain in Juarez.]