AT PRESENT, ALL USES OF "READ MORE" ON THIS BLOG ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL, SO THE FULL POSTS ARE SHOWING FOR NOW!
Most Frequent Blogger Questions
USEFUL BEGINNER'S LIST (30 Posts)
This blog outgrew the original intended 20 Questions & Answers and is now approximately 210 Q&A. I never did figure out which were the 20 most important ones.
|I don't know more than I know--sometimes I know even less!|
All The Things I Don't Know!
If some portion of this blog is unreadable in Firefox, Internet Explorer, or whatever, tell it to go to hell then try another browser!!!
BLOGGER PROBLEM REPORT FORM http://help.blogger.com/?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=&contact_type=bug_with_blogger_beta&Submit=Submit
The Blogger Wishlist feature no longer exists.
Blogger hasn't said why or if it'll ever return.
|Kick-starting The Blog|
| 1. Refresh (F5) or Ctrl-F5
2. Clear cache (delete temporary Internet files) and cookies in Tools-Internet Options.
3. Add a question mark to the end of your blog's internet address in the address box and see if it will show the latest update. (Can also be done with other people's url's in the address window.)
4. Republish (if in classic Blogger)
6. Log out and log back in again (may change to an untroubled server)
7. Change or reload the browser (IE, Firefox, others)
8. Try a different computer, or see if you can duplicate the problem or avoid it in a post in another blog (make a test blog, whether in the same account or a second account, that's not public so nobody will see you screwing around!)
---Not necessary to do all of these at once!---
Blogger may make problems for some computers about accepting cookies, especially when you are using the new versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. Difficulties with accepting scripts may be caused by security systems, antivirus programs, firewalls, and some add-ons. Check all your settings.
You may need to change your browser settings, or to list www.blogger.com and blogger.com as "trusted sites" in your Internet Options-Security so that scripting can occur.
USEFUL BLOGGER HELP FILE
[For Newbies or anyone else who gets lost in the rain in Juarez.]
Sunday, May 18, 2008
PAGE ELEMENTS AKA "GADGETS".
ALSO SEE: Page Elements Screenshot
Friday, May 02, 2008
|Create the illusion of "being there".!|
| Future Dating of posts is now available from Blogger|
Click here to see Blogger's instructions about it!
Now you can leave some posts lined up when you are about to leave on vacation or for a month in jail and they will publilsh, one or more every day, while you're absent.
So many people have inquired about this for the past five years that I suppose a lot of people will now praise the lord and send their checks (as usual) to the nation's poor. I have heard a great many complaints about how it "doesn't work", yet I don't think I've had a single one fail to publish. Admittedly, I am using the "future-publishing" on a more infrequent basis than some people. I doubt I ever use it more than 2 or 3 times a week.
There doesn't appear to be any difficult moves added to the Publishing process. It works the way many of us used to think would just be logical. One could always use the Post Options to change the date to anything you liked, but there was no automatic publishing--you always had to come back and hit the publish "button" on that date.
1. Give a date and time in Post Options for tomorrow, next week, or whenever
2. Then hit Publish,
3. The system will show a sign that says the post will be automatically published on X date at X time.
4. the system will wait until that date and time to publish it.
Couldn't be simpler, unless they screw it up. If they screw it up, let me know.